The stress is not a fiction to do nothing. The stress is one of the states of our body. Its symptoms are: tremors of limbs, profuse sweating, fatigue, sleepiness, insomnia, unwillingness to talk to anyone, feeling unwell. Sometimes stress can cause depression, bad mood and appetite.
The stress usually occurs when we have an urgent problem to solve. Such conditions can occur in students who do not know how to prepare properly for exams. Why? Because there is a huge amount of information, but not enough time to absorb it.
There are a few simple tips that can help in answering the question of how to cope with stress before exams. Here they are:
- Don’t sit at the computer all day. Distract yourself, call a friends, walk around the house, listen to distracting music, just lie down with your eyes closed and listen to the silence;
- Eat well. Try not to eat a lot of spicy or calories. Eat a salad instead, it is both tasty and healthy. Do not abuse alcohol. Treat yourself to something sweet, such as chocolate, it will lift your spirits;
- Recharge your brain. You can do this with coffee or bitter chocolate, or with nootropics. Just don’t overdo it! The most useful brain food is fish, its fatty varieties, but do not rely only on cooking and choose meals with less carbohydrates;
- Don’t let up on sleep. For the assimilation of huge amounts of information, the quality of sleep is very important! Try to go to bed and get up at the same time;
- Keep yourself busy when you’re not studying for an exam. Talk to your friends, watch TV, go for a walk, but most important, don’t stay at home! It’s depressing;
- Praise yourself. This is necessary to give yourself confidence and to tune in to a positive way. Every day tell yourself that you are good and that you will succeed. The main thing is to believe;
- Do not be carried away by perfectionism. Yes, no one wants to get a bad mark on the exam. But a bad grade is not the end of the world. Everything can be fixed.
Remember, you have close people and friends who will always support and help you in a difficult moment, give advice on how to prepare properly for exams. For example, your parents, who also once passed exams. They will be happy to help you and give you valuable advice.
You can also ask your high school classmates and friends for support. Talk to those who have already passed your exam, they will probably tell you what to do and how to speak correctly.
Psychological preparation for the exams under the guidance of an experienced psychologist will not be superfluous. He will help you and tell you how not to get confused, and teach you to control your emotions.
And now some tips on how to prepare properly for exams:
- Repeat the material often, but in small portions. Take rest every 15 to 20 minutes;
- You should select for yourself the most important things, it is not necessary to memorize everything, otherwise you will get confused in too much information flow;
- The “good” time for memorizing the material you determine yourself: when you memorize what you have read best. The main thing is not to plan too much work;
- Immediately before the exam itself, be sure to get a good night’s sleep! Sleepiness is no helper for you;
- Fresh, cheerful and healthy look, a positive attitude is the key to success! Remember about it;
- Before the door to the classroom is sometimes scary. But you shouldn’t be afraid! To cope with your excitement, take deep breaths and exhale several times;
- When you take your ticket, determine for yourself the questions that you will answer first. Remember: the examiner will try to find what you know;
- Do not panic! Panic prevents you from thinking and adequately assess the situation. Try to distract yourself at exams, for example look out the window.
And finally: each of us has personal fears, emotions, ambitions, character traits and skills. Therefore, there is no universal answer to the question “How to properly prepare for exams and overcome stress?”. You should try to find your own strengths and your own way. The main thing is to believe in yourself, and you are sure to succeed! Good luck!