I suppose many of you know that the percentage of successful Jews is very high. That’s because they teach children from childhood to be successful, they teach children not to be afraid and to achieve their goals against all odds.
Jews are also quite wise people. And they often advise many stars and politicians. For example, singer Madonna has a personal rabbi named Yehuda Berg, who teaches her the wisdom of life. The artist has been a Kabbalah practitioner for many years.
I had never delved into this teaching, because I thought that rich people had their own quirks and I had no use for them. But not too long ago I saw a quote from that same rabbi on the Web, and oddly enough, it made a good impression on me:
When life seems difficult, realize that the universe simply loves you too much to leave you alone. It cannot allow you to remain as you are now, because you are meant to be something much greater.
It is in these difficult moments, when your will and intention are being tested, that the Universe literally hands you the opportunity to grow to your potential.
We grow only through pain and suffering. This is a fact. We humans are lazy creatures. If left alone, we will just sit or lie down, we will do nothing until there is a problem appears or we want to eat. And after we eat, we will do nothing again. Because almost everything a human does is an action to eliminate discomfort.
Even talented people confess that they write, draw, and dance because some unknown force presses down on them from within, a gift begging out, like red-hot lava from a volcano. Many of them confess that if they weren’t paid to perform, they themselves would pay to go on stage. So strong is their motivation.
So if you have a lot of trouble and problems, you know that the Universe is testing you. If you overcome these problems, you will grow to a new level.
To encourage you in the midst of trouble, let’s remember more Jewish wise phrases:
- If a problem can be solved for money, it’s not a problem – it’s an expense;
- If the your hour has not struck, not even the doctor will kill you;
- Everyone is grieving about something: one that he doesn’t have enough diamonds, another that there aren’t enough beans in his soup;
- A human must live and do at least for the sake of curiosity;
- If life doesn’t change for the better, then wait and it will change for the worse;
- If committing sin is inevitable, then at least enjoy the sin;
- It is better to talk to a woman and think about God than the other way around;
- Life is short, work is endless;
- God gave human two ears and one mouth to listen more and talk less;
- Don’t be sweet, or they’ll eat you up. Don’t be bitter, or they’ll spit you out;
- Fear the goat in the front, the horse in the back, the fool on all sides;
- Knowledge doesn’t take up much space;
- The deaf man heard the dumb man say that the blind man saw the lame man running fast;
- God protects the poor, at least from the sins of the costly;
- From afar, all the people aren’t bad;
- Men would do more if women talked less;
- It’s harder to be good at silence than it is to be good at talking;
- When there is nothing to do, people often take on great things;
- Choosing between two evils, the pessimist will choose both;
- Everyone complains about the lack of money, but no one complains about the lack of intelligence;
- It’s better to die of laughter than of fear;
- Experience is the word people use to call their mistakes;
- As we get older, we see worse, but more;
- If you’re lost money, it’s better to say: “Thank you, God, for solving this problem for money”;
- Don’t worry about tomorrow; fix what was yesterday;
- You don’t have to be smart to be lucky. But to be smart, you have to be lucky;
- If you don’t want someone to sit on your neck, don’t bow low;
- As a rule, the one who shouts the most is the one who is not listened to;
- It is better to die standing than to live on one’s knees;
- One stupid person can buy more than ten smart ones can sell;
- The debt causes insomnia in two people at once: the one who borrowed and the one who lent;
- Those who are unable to endure the bad will not stay alive to see the good;
- It’ better that your work needs you than you need the work;
- The good wins in perspective. The evil wins in speed;
- What can be fixed, you just have to fix it and not worry about it anymore;
- The man who thinks he can live without others is mistaken. A man who thinks others cannot live without him is doubly mistaken;
- Anger and envy are strong emotions. Instead of digging a hole for someone else, use that power to build a hill for yourself;
- Don’t worry about whether or not you reach the ideal. The main thing is to move toward it;
- We can give up what has not yet been said, but we cannot take back what has already been said;
- When you flee responsibility from one place to another, there is a double loss: you are not in the place where you should be, and you are in a place where you should not be;
- Loneliness is not the solution. It is not your life that should be isolated, but your thoughts;
- A person is known on three occasions: in money matters, in a hop, and in anger;
- Tomorrow the mistakes of today will be repeated because children reject the experience of their fathers;
- A person’s value is not determined by his origins or his religious affiliation, but by his personal deeds;
- A person who gives in to anger loses some of his wisdom;
- The rich is the one who is happy with what he has;
- First improve yourself, then improve others;
- When a person has a conflict with someone, it means that he himself has an unresolved problem inside;
- Those who rely only on their wealth will fall;
- Thinking about bad things is like dreaming about trouble.
Don’t think of yourself as a downer, treat all troubles as important lessons and exams to be passed. Happiness does not change a person, but hardships do. Consequently, you grow on yourself, improve, develop. That’s what your destiny wants. There is a higher meaning in this.